Wednesday 9 January 2013

So long!

As I've come to the end of my time with this blog, I thought I'd just recap a few key issues I've highlighted throughout my time writing it.

The major theme that has surrounded this blog is uncertainty. Every post, whether it was relating to climate change, loss of land or major pressing issues such as the Belo Monte Dam, an uncertain feature seemed to lay ahead of the indigenous tribes.

From all my reading I have learnt about their rich cultures and hope that one day we can find an answer to allow both these cultures to survive, but also continue with sustainable development of the area. Looking to the past of the Amazon Rainforest is also a necessary step to understanding what potentially lays in store for the area in regards to climate change - an issue I feel has not been deeply enough explored.

So thanks for reading, I really feel as though I have gained a great deal of knowledge and sympathy for the area. I'll leave you with a video from Amazon Watch, an organisation I've mentioned many times, detailing their activities to inspire you in case you ever feel the urge to get involved.




No comments:

Post a Comment